Cardiovascular exercise or cardio increases the heart rate, triggers metabolism, and effectively sustains weight loss. Learn more about the best cardio exercises for fat burning.
What are the benefits of cardio?
Cardio has several benefits:
- Improves reducing the risk of blood clots or blockages
- Tones and strengthens muscles
- It prevents high blood pressure in some people
- Improves the favorable cholesterol level, thus reducing the risk of heart disease
- Reduces the risk of diabetes
- It helps to lose weight more effectively. Cardio helps burn more calories, making it easier to maintain a healthy weight.
- Cardio gives you a “high.” It copes with stress that can take a toll on the whole body, especially the heart.
- Strengthens the muscles and improves mobility.
- Reduces depression and gives the individual a more positive view
Some of the cardio exercises that help you burn fast fat include:
Burpees: Burpee’s target fat from your entire body, making it the most effective workout. Burpees also target the muscle group in the chest, legs, and core. For significant weight loss:
- Do ten reps in 30 seconds.
- Rest for 30 seconds.
- Repeat for 5-10 minutes.
Rope jumping: Rope jumping burns about 1300 calories per hour. Rope jumps also increase your heart rate and improve your cognitive and coordination functions.
- Warm-up first with 8-10 jumps.
- Then jump continuously for 1.5 minutes.
- Rest for 15-30 seconds and repeat.
- Complete three sets.
You can switch between different jumping styles. You are jumping one set on a single leg, one set with both legs, and one set while running in place.
Low-intensity cardio: If you are overweight or have physical limitations, you should choose low-intensity cardio for weight loss. These workouts include jogging, cycling, powerwalking, swimming, and aerobics. Always aim for 60 minutes of cardio training five days a week. You can gradually increase the intensity of your workouts by carrying weights while jogging, walking, or taking aerobics.
Start in front of a jumping box, keeping your feet shoulder-width apart. Complete your squat and jump back down for as many repetitions as you can handle to enjoy a fantastic cardio workout.
Lunges: It is a combination of jump and standard jump. This combination will increase your heart rate. To perform an exit jump,
- You must stand in a precise position with one leg in front and one leg behind.
- Keep your arms with one arm in front of your body and the other arm behind.
- Tighten the core, pull the shoulders down and swing the arm back. Quickly wave your arms up and jump—swap legs simultaneously.
- Land in an lunge and repeat.