Here you have a 10-minute core workout that you can do practically everywhere. Learn the best core exercises for runners.
Perform exercises for 40 seconds, followed by 20 seconds of rest.
- Starting position is a high plank with your wrists below your shoulders and your back flat.
- Lower to the forearms, then push back up to a full plank. Continue this movement, alternating which arm guides the movement. Keep your eyes slightly in front of your hands.
- Lie down on the floor, on your back. Have your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Have your arms at your sides.
- Lift your hips slowly up from the ground until your knees, hips, and shoulders form a straight line. Take a break at the top to activate the gluteal muscles.
- Have your head relaxed on the floor, and do not stretch your neck.
- Start on all fours, hands just below the shoulders and knees just below the hips.
- Keep your back and pelvis stable, lift and stretch the opposite arm and leg.
- Hold for a few seconds on top of each expansion to activate your core.
- Alternate sides after each movement.
- With your lower back pressed down, lie down on the floor. Have your hands behind your head with your elbows out to the side.
- Activate the abdominal muscles, lift the head, move with the shoulder, bring the right elbow to meet the left knee while pointing and stretching the right leg.
- Continuously changing sides.
Plank + knee to elbow
- Start in the full plank position, activate the abdominal muscles, lift the left knee, and bring it towards the left elbow.
- Take it back to the starting position and do the same on the right side, bringing the right knee to the right elbow.
Right side plank with a twist
- Sit in the side plank position, with your feet stacked together and your right forearm just below your shoulder.
- Stretch your left arm directly over your head.
- Lower your left arm and rotate the core. Move your hand into the space between the side and the ground.
- Repeat for 40 seconds.
Left side plank with a twist
This time, complete the same exercise with the left forearm down and the right arm outstretched.
- With your arms outstretched next to you and your legs in the air, lie flat on your back.
- Keeping your feet together and legs straight, rotate your hips to move your feet slowly from left to right from your hand back again.
- Have your lower back on the floor.
- Get on your back with your legs outstretched and your arms above your head.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles, bend your knees and run them towards your chest.
- Slowly curl your upper body to touch your chest to your knees.
- Return, raising your arms above your head as you walk.
- Have your legs outstretched in the air above you, perpendicular to the floor starting on your back.
- With your arms on the ground for balance, use your lower abdominal muscles to lift your butt straight off the ground.
- Use slow, small, conscious movements. The less you can push your legs towards your head, the better.