Physical fitness provides many health and other benefits! Here are eight main reasons why exercise is essential. Why is exercise important for overall quality of life.
- Reduce the risk of disease
- Feeling good physically
- Look better
- Sleep better
- Live longer- up to five years!
- Keep fit so you can enjoy leisure activities.
- Avoid injuries and perform work and homework safely
- Increase mental health and social well-being
The last point is fascinating. Physical activity provides a sense of purpose and value, better quality of life, better sleep, reduced stress, and stronger relationships and social connection.
- Feel better about yourself
- Reduce the chance of getting depressed
- Get around better
- Has stronger muscles and bones
- Achieve or maintain a healthy weight
- Be with friends or meet new people
- Have fun!
Exercise can reduce the risk of:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- Breast and colon cancer